Saturday, April 19, 2008

Experiment 2, Week 1: Quotations

We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.

Stephen Hawking, in Der Spiegel, 1989



You ask me why I do not write something.... I think one's feelings waste themselves in words, they ought to all be distilled into actions and into actions which bring results.

Florence Nightingale, in Florence Nightingale: 1820-1910. A biography by Cecil Woodham-Smith, 1996




People just feel helpless, “what can I do, i'm just one person?”, and I think the most important message is to try and help everybody understand that every single day we make an impact on the world. You actually cant live through a day without making an impact on the world.

Jane Goodall, in a Q30 Exclusive Interview from the Albert Schweitzer Institute, 29 October, 2005

No comments: